My first Chapbook!! Support the Poet and the Project!!

Tuesday, March 3, 2009

I AM THE TRUTH!

I AM THE TRUTH!
I AM THE MOTHERFUCKIN’ TRUTH!
No disrespect to any other poet
But you haven’t heard SHIT
Until you’ve heard Tanesha Jibri Douglas
I am the realest, rawest spoken word artist
That will give you poetry uncensored
Because I have learn to speak my mind despite the haters
And I owe that one to Tamika Harper
I’ve been through too much shit
How could I not share it?
Because I rose like the phoenix
My heart beats through my poems
Do you will hear it?
If not, prepare your ears so the next poem you can receive it
I feel sorry for those who don’t listen
Because I write for everyone
And your blessing you might miss it
‘Cause I can’t say it enough that this talent is God given
When I write, it’s His words
I’m just a vessel and servant
Don’t get caught up in thinking that my spirit is pompous
It’s just a level of confidence
That comes with knowing that your poems are a hit
When I write, I’m so meticulous
Like Erykah Badu
“I’m an Artist and I’m sensitive about my shit!”
When I’m finished and the crowd is cheerin’
That lets me know that my MISSION is ACCOMPLISHED!
BECAUSE I AM THE TRUTH
AND THE TRUTH I WILL SPEAK IT!

1 comment: