My first Chapbook!! Support the Poet and the Project!!

Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Snake Eyes

With his eyes he bit me
With his slick speech he gushed venom into me
This time by him and his lies I was weakened
Fell to my knees
Thanking God for sending what felt like the one
Believing that the game he spit was sincere
So I left my anti-venom magic serum at home
I walked out the house unprotected
Into me his slid this fang
So carefully not hurt me
Physically
But spiritually he killed me with every thrust
Because when he came
He released death on me
With every strand
6 months with no side effects
Until I picked up a cough
That wouldn't seem to subside
It never crossed my mind that
He infected me with HIV
Until I caught pneumonia
And the doctor's science had to put two and two together
I couldn't believe my ears
Wished that my fears could turn into April fools jokes
I asked the doctor to come again but
The same dreadful lines he spoke
I'm sorry Ma'am but your HIV positive
The anger within me began to rise again
Feelings of loneliness
Because I haven't seen that
Nigga since
The sixth
When we commenced
Once…
I've been murdered
In my days of living
If you can't wrap your mind around it
Just listen
I had sex once
The advantage of my virginity was snatched from me
Because this nigga knew
That he had HIV
When he had sex with me
But still he had me chasing water falls
And he allowed for this virus to sing praises of my final song
21 years old
Now my is life gone
Swallowed by a man whose intentions were wrong
I should have listen to my guardian angel
She sent me signs
But I was too desperate for love and
So I ignored them
Now I’m quickly approaching my death bed
With nothing but the verbal memories called lies
And his physical memories called SNAKE EYES!

No comments:

Post a Comment